Our popular Christmas Tree Festival is back, even bigger than ever, in the first two weeks of December. The many local groups that meet here or have an association with our church have decorated 35 trees in total and we look forward to welcoming you throughout the festival to see them all and enjoy the unique pine-scented and twinkly atmosphere.
There’s no fee for admission, but we are collecting donations to support Guildford Town Centre Chaplaincy and Cherry Trees – you should be able to find one of our collecting buckets around the church – we can take cash or cheques made payable to “Guildford United Reformed Church” – or ask a member of staff for details of how to donate in other ways.
Listed below are our special events during the fortnight of the festival at which all are welcome – and our church always aims be open during the day, so if you’re passing, do pop in.
- Sunday 5th 4pm to 5pm Opening Carols with Godalming Band
- Tuesday 7th 2pm to 3pm Wholenotes Choir Concert – the local community choir for people with autism and learning disabilities
- Wednesday 8th 2pm to 4pm Open Afternoon – just come and see the trees and enjoy the atmosphere
- Saturday 11th 2pm to 4pm Crafting For Christmas – making decorations, cards and gift tags together
- Sunday 12th 2pm to 4pm Open Afternoon – just come and see the trees and enjoy the atmosphere
- Tuesday 14th 6.30pm XY Strings Carols – our local junior string orchestra’s festive offering
- Wednesday 15th 2pm to 4pm “It’s A Wonderful Life” – the classic Christmas film with Jimmy Stewart
- Wednesday 15th 2pm to 4pm Open Afternoon – just come and see the trees and enjoy the atmosphere
- Sunday 19th 4pm to 5pm Candlelit Carols – readings and carols to close the festival and prepare us all for Christmas week